Our Mission is to provide the UC Davis community with products, services and technologies that ensure academic success, promote campus pride and enhance the lifestyle of our community. This is achieved through excellent customer service, competitive pricing and campus-wide collaboration. As an independent and self-supporting department within Student Affairs, our financial contributions benefit student programs at our world-class, comprehensive research institution.
In support of the Division of Student Affairs, the UC Davis Stores vision is to provide students and all members of the university with the tools, technology and services that contribute to the advancement of the campus community. Stores will provide new and innovative ideas that support the academic, institutional and civic missions of the university. Stores will create a sustainable environment of purpose that makes a positive impact on, and empowers all who engage with, Stores and the university and its affiliates.
The UC Davis Stores values reflect those of the Division of Student Affairs. They also reflect the ways in which we aspire to achieve success through the course of our work. These values color and shape both our long- and short-term goals for Stores. They are the underlying principles that form the basis of our daily operations and decision making.
- Student-Centered Services: Our primary work is to promote student success through the availability of resources needed for achievement in an academic environment. We also seek to provide opportunities for valuable work experience through a strong student employee workforce.
- Diversity: We are committed to promoting a community structure that adheres to the UC Davis Principles of Community, as we value all identities and celebrate the richness of difference and diversity. We build and preserve an environment that promotes inclusion and equality.
- Partnering: We partner with and provide resources for our students, campus organizations, academic and administrative departments, and businesses within the cities of Davis and Sacramento. We use our skills and services to produce enriching experiences for those we serve.
- Innovation: We strive to be at the forefront of providing innovative tools for students to achieve success. We recognize that in a progressive technological society, we must discover and administer new ways of distributing information. We challenge ourselves to always embrace change and to provide the best for our academic and campus community.
- Stewardship: We are trustworthy stewards of student and university resources. We monitor and adapt our inventory to create the optimal sales-to-purchase ratio. We consistently provide required goods using the most cost-effective means possible. We embrace dialogue and provide transparency in our decisions and priorities.
- Excellence: We maintain a high level of service excellence with regard to the campus community. We take pride in our performance as a leader in the college bookstore industry. We provide relevant, innovative and interesting products. We develop new models of business that allow us to remain a viable and thriving part of the communities we serve.
Who We Are and Whom We Serve
UC Davis Stores is a nonprofit, self-funded department of Student Affairs. Our dedicated team consists of experienced career staff and over 350 student employees. We are responsible for multiple store locations, both on and off campus. UC Davis Stores has an annual sales budget of $20 million. We proudly serve UC Davis students, faculty, staff, visitors and the community at large. Our primary purpose is to provide UC Davis students with the tools they need for academic success.
Along with the sale of merchandise, we provide myriad services for our campus, including but not limited to the following:
Merchandise for Sale
- Course Materials
- Lab supplies
- Art supplies
- Notebooks and other supplies
- Campus-produced and -grown products
- General, technical and faculty-authored books
- Technology sales and services
- Licensed apparel and gifts
- Graduation and commencement rentals and sales
- Student cap and gown rental
- Faculty hood rental
- Custom announcements
- Online sales
Student Work Experience
- Student supervisor program
- Cash handling
- Customer service
- Data entry
Services Provided to Campus Departments, Organizations, Facilities and More
Memorial Union facility
- Student and campus activities
- Thank Goodness for Staff
- Picnic Day
- The Buzz
- Student Activities Fair
- Campus departments
- Custom clothing
- Author events
- Onsite sales for department events
- Campus fundraisers
- Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Management of APO store
- Management of APO website
- Department of Campus Recreation and Unions
- Tabling at campus events together
- Sale of CRU Day Passes
- Sharing of resources
- Online sales of Craft Center merchandise
Cal Aggie Alumni Association
- Our net income goes toward defraying the operating costs of the Memorial Union
- Partnering with the SAA program
- Alumni discount days/promotions
- Sale of memberships in grad packs
- Tabling at event