Pests. Invasives. Vineyard Foes. We may refer to them differently but the economic impact of pests common to California wine, raisin, and table grape vineyards vary only in scope.
In the much anticipated 3rd edition of Grape Pest Management, more than 70 research scientists, cooperative extension advisors and specialists, growers, and pest control advisers have consolidated the latest scientific studies and research into one handy reference. The result is a comprehensive, easy-to-read pest management tool.
What’s new? Well, for starters, more pests! The new edition, the first in over a decade, includes several new invasive species that are now major pests. It also reflects an improved understanding among researchers, farmers, and growers about the biology of pests. With nine expansive chapters, helpful, colorful photos throughout, here’s more of what you’ll find:
- Diagnostic techniques for identifying vineyard problems
- Detailed descriptions of more than a dozen diseases
- Comprehensive, illustrated listings of insect and mite pests,including the recently emerging glassy winged sharpshooter and Virginia creeper leaf-hopper
- Regional calendars of events for viticultural management
- Up-to-date strategies for vegetation management
- Length: 609 pp.
- Language: English
- ISBN-13: 978-1-60107-800-1
- Copyright Date: 2013
- Author: Larry J. Bettiga
- Inventory Type: Paperback
PLEASE NOTE: This book is available for special order only, and pricing is subject to update. If pricing has changed you will be notified of current pricing and asked to confirm or cancel your order prior to billing and fulfillment.
Please check the disclaimer checkbox to add this item to the cart.