UC Davis Stores Return Policy
All returns must be accompanied by the original receipt.
- All merchandise must be in saleable condition and in original packaging with manuals and warranties.
- Shipping fees are not refundable for online orders.
- Photo identification is required for in-person returns.
- Cash and check refunds in excess of $300 are handled via check by mail and may take up to 10 working days to receive.
- Cash refunds will be issued for check transactions 14 days after the date of purchase. Cash may be issued at an earlier date with proof the check has cleared the customer’s bank. A gift card may be issued if the customer chooses not to wait 14 days.
- A credit card refund will be issued to the account originally charged.
- We reserve the right to refuse a refund for any merchandise.
- All shrink-wrapped items are non-returnable if opened.
Return of some products may be restricted as stated in the manufacturer's warranties. Products with lifetime guarantees should be returned to the manufacturer according to their directions.
14450 Doolittle Dr.
San Leandro, CA 94577
Additional Return Information
The following items cannot be returned: Cut goods, all paper products, mat and foam boards, any open product and special orders. All other items must be returned within 30 days of purchase and be in saleable condition.
All sales are final for cosmetics, skin care, hair products and bath and body products with the exception of manufacturer defects.
Clothing, Accessories and Gifts
All unused items including clothing, accessories, hats, specialty gifts* and UC Davis imprinted gifts must be returned within 30 days of purchase in original condition with merchandise tags and/or original packaging. *Umbrellas are non-refundable.
UC Davis Health and School of Nursing Uniforms: Refer to the return policy for health system uniforms and medical equipment.
All merchandise must be returned within 30 days of its ship date. No prior authorization is required. Original shipping charges are non-refundable unless the merchandise is proven defective or the wrong merchandise is shipped. All returned merchandise must be received in new, saleable condition with:
- The merchandise tag(s)
- A copy of your receipt
If you are unable to provide a copy of your receipt, we cannot guarantee we will be able to provide you with a refund. However, we would be happy to provide you with store credit in the form of a UC Davis Stores gift card. We no longer do direct exchanges (please see below). If you have special circumstances regarding your return, please contact us.
If you would like to complete an exchange, please return the item you do not want and we will refund you for that item. Then, at any time, please place a new order for the new item you want. The cost to you, our customer, will be no different than if you completed a direct exchange. However, handling our exchanges this way greatly reduces turnaround time and ensures the item you are ordering is in stock at that time.
If you receive defective merchandise, or if you are sent the wrong item(s), please contact us.
Please ship all returns to:
UC Davis Bookstore
ATTN: Web Orders
2828 Cowell Blvd
Davis, CA 95618
Please include your receipt and the merchandise. We recommend using FedEx, UPS or USPS with tracking/delivery confirmation when returning items, for your own protection.
All returns must be approved by the TechHub, please see the TechHub Return Policy.
Electronics Including Games, Consoles and Accessories
All returns* must be unopened and in saleable condition. Video games must be returned within seven days of purchase. Electronics must be returned within 30 days of purchase. Upon approval, defective merchandise will be replaced with the same item only. Defective calculators may be exchanged for the same product only and must be returned with the original packaging. Batteries are non-returnable. *Earbud headphones are not returnable unless defective.
School and Office Supplies
All school and office supplies must be returned within 30 days of purchase and be unopened and in saleable condition. Special orders are non-returnable without prior approval and will be subject to a 15 percent restocking fee. Film products are not returnable.
*Please note that during remote learning, textbooks shipped back to UC Davis Stores are subject to the policies below. Packages must be postmarked by the deadlines listed.
- This policy applies to in-store and online purchases.
- All textbook returns require a receipt.
- New, used and rental books may be returned within five days of purchase for the quarter in which they are purchased, subject to conditions below.
- Returns must be in original condition. Used books are purchased “as is.”
- For dropped courses, textbooks must be returned within seven days of dropping the course with verification in order to receive a full refund.
- A 10 percent restocking fee will be charged on all textbook returns, except when returned for the following reasons:
- Course was dropped (Registrar documentation will be required).
- Course was cancelled by the University.
- Instructor changed the required text for the course.
- Rented textbooks must be turned in by the last day of final exams for the quarter in which they were originally rented to avoid a non-refundable charge for full replacement value.
Undergraduates / Equitable Access
- All printed textbooks received by students participating in the Equitable Access program are theirs to keep unless they drop the course for which they were associated.
- If a participating Equitable Access student drops a course or opts out of Equitable Access, any printed textbooks received must be returned by the 25th day of instruction for the term to avoid a non-refundable charge for the full textbook replacement value.
- Textbooks purchased by students not participating in Equitable Access are non-returnable except when returned for the following reasons:
- Course was cancelled by the university.
- Instructor changed the required text for the course.
Books must be returned within 30 days of purchase.
Non-returnable unless defective.