Commencement Information(updated 4/10/20)
With the campus decision to re-schedule Spring 2020 in-person graduation ceremonies to December, please check the campus commencement page for the latest updates. Please note the following important information regarding regalia and related commencement orders—this information supersedes any previous information that may be shown on the page below:
- Gown rental has closed for Spring 2020 and will resume in the fall for December ceremonies.
- All current rental gown orders will be cancelled and refunded in full with the exception of custom announcements, as those are produced at time of order and shipped direct to the home address.
- Notices of cancellation will go out shortly.
Faculty Hoods for Commencement Ceremonies
Ordering Your Alma Mater Faculty Hood
The UC Davis Stores provides rental services of academic hoods for faculty members who wish to wear the hood representing their alma mater.
- Hood rental charge is $26.50.
- The deadline to order academic hoods for use in May ceremonies is April 1, 2020.
- The deadline to order academic hoods for use in June ceremonies is April 15, 2020.
- Hood orders placed after the deadline will be assessed a late fee of at least $25 per order.
Ordering Your UC Faculty Hood
Faculty gowns, caps, tassels and UC Ph.D. faculty hoods are available from Supply Chain Management or from Supply Chain Management’s Specialty Services at no charge (delivery fee may apply) for commencement ceremonies.
Feel free to email us with any questions you may have about ordering a hood.